Software Engineer - III
July, 2019- Present
- Part of the scale team of walmart.com.
Software Engineer - III
May, 2018- July, 2019
- Part of the founding team which launched an entirely new product as part of Cisco's cloud strategy.
- Cost Optimizer gives deeper insights into multi-cloud usage of an Enterprise with the usage being broken down into smaller units supported by projections as well.
- Recommendations in the system help an Enterprise to optimize on their cloud costs along with top of the line features like Tag based management etc.
- Worked on several key microservices which form the base of the entire product like inventory service, task scheduler, reserved instances manager, etc alongside key APIs interfacing with the UI.
Software Engineer - II
Jan, 2018- April, 2018
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Part of a relatively small team of about 100 odd strong Cisco CloudCenter
Cmpute.io (Acquired by CISCO)
Jan, 2017-Dec, 2017
- Developed the front-end web app from scratch in under 2 months.
- Owned UI completely and ensured uptime.
- Designed and implemented backend common shared libraries in Golang using Factory design pattern.
- Designed Golang Notification service as a micro-service.
- AWS Lambda function to automate certain reactive actions in AWS using CloudFormation templates (Java).
- AWS intermediate knowledge having developed apps for Cmpute.io platform to automate AWS apps like OpsWorks, ASG, AMI etc.
- Owned and developed Web APIs written in C# web API 2.0.
- Worked on integrating ChargeBee payments, One Login, Intercom and other external APIs.
- Provided bug fixes in a timely and reliable manner.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
R & D Engineer
Aug, 2015- Jan, 2017
- Part of Virtual Connect (VC) firmware development team.
- Worked mostly on security related aspects and features like FIPS.
- Implemented Audit Logging as a feature which exposed auditing based information conforming to the given format using Syslog.
- Customized OpenSSH and OpenSSL to meet FIPS 2.0 standards.
- Delivered fixes to CVEs.
- Gave presentation to management on Cloud Security.
- Fixed several critical bugs and delivered timely fixes.
Software Development Intern
Jun, 2014- Aug, 2014
- Created a FSM Call Flow Diagram analyzing SBC Debug Logs to help understand complex FSM of different modules running on the SBX system.
- Perl script helped identify point of failure pictographically as a flow chart.
- Kubernetes (K8s)
- Load balancers
- Angular 2
- Python Intermediate
- REST API
The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
Computer Science - 9.1 CGPA
Aug, 2011- Jun, 2015
Sandeep is a Backend Engineer who comes with close to 4 years of experience in the industry having worked in a startup which got acquired by CISCO. He began his career as an R & D Engineer in HPE. Then he joined Cmpute.io a SAAS product company which provided cost optimization and cloud management of AWS resources. Cmpute.io got acquired by CISCO. After close one and a half years in Cisco he joined Walmart Labs as a Senior Software Engineer (SDE 3) where he is part of the scale team working on everything that involves scale and load balancers and site compression for all of Walmart.com
Apart from being an engineer, Sandeep loves enjoying life to the fullest. He is a traveller. He also loves going on long rides on his Yamaha R15. Movies and TV series are his other interests apart from reading thriller novels with John Grisham, James Hadley Chase, Dan Brown, Ravi Subramanian, Amish Tripathi being his favourites. He occasionally loves to read real stories of people and learn about their experiences and trivias like Porter Erisman's Alibaba's World, Brad Stone's The Everything Store and Ashlee Vance's Elon Musk biography. He admires Jeff Bezos, Jack Ma, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Elon Musk, Bhavin Turakhia and quite a lot of enterprising entrepreneurs. He has travelled to Malaysia, Singapore, Bhutan (bike ride across Bhutan) and Vietnam. He aspires to cover a lot more the world.